Re: [TenTec] RX-340 Programmable AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX-340 Programmable AGC
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:20:07 -0000
Mark,

I concur on all your comments about the rx340 AGC.  I think the threshold
adjustment on the Orion was added because the Orion DSP gain has a wider
range, making this parameter necessary.  The rx340 has more of its gain
adjustment in its analog circuits.  Also, I don't see any reason for ever
adjusting ATTACK on the rx340 to anything other than as fast as you can make
it.  So it makes sense to drop this parameter from the Orion (and maybe even
from the rx340).

I ended up having to have separate AGC settings windows for my Orion/RX340
program for use when the rx340 is selected for this reason.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC