Re: [TenTec] Found my old Argonaut 505 in the attic. Need to sellit.

To: Rick@dj0ip.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Found my old Argonaut 505 in the attic. Need to sellit.
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:08:43 -0500
Rick-
But I want a Argonaut V with CW filter :-)
I hauled my Yaesu FT101B all over the South Pacific/South China Sea
Heading back to the Pacific and figure Argo V with a universal SMPS
will be a little easier to carry and work a little better. FT101B stayed
behind when I left Fiji after living there for 4 years. Father of headmistress
at the school where I taught was moving over from VK to join his daughter
and needed a rig.
73,
-Bob

Rick Westerman wrote:

Bob, by the time you ship it to all 48 states, it's likely to be
pretty beaten up! ;-)

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my entire life was to
sell my Argonaut 509 (+ 405).
I sure wish I had it back.
I used to take it to the beach too:  Isle of Mann, Corsica, Elba,
etc. and then run Field Day contests running off of my
motorcycle's battery.  You can't do that with many rigs these
days!

73
Rick