RE: [TenTec] SB200 and SB220 Differences?

To: Rick@dj0ip.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] SB200 and SB220 Differences?
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:31:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Rick Westerman [mailto: Rick@dj0ip.de]To: tentec@contesting.comDate: Thu,
29 Jan 2004 09:46:34 +0100Subject: RE: [TenTec] SB200 and SB220 Differences?The
ORIGINAL SB-200 did put out about 800w.Heathkit soon changed it to reduce the
power to about 600w.The 800w version was killing the sales of the SB-220 and
theywanted to have a greater difference between the two amps.I owned one of
each, but not at the same time. I never botheredto sort out what they
changed.Don't know if it was the P.S. or just taps on the output
tank.73Rick-----Original Message-----From:
tentec-bounces@contesting.com[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of
Ken BrownSent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 4:53 AMTo:
tentec@contesting.comSubject: Re: [TenTec] SB200 and SB220 Differences?SB-200
uses a pair of 572B triodes. The most I have seen come outof andSB-200 is maybe
800 Watts, and I suspect there was some reflectedpowermaking the power reading
higher than real output. Six hundred or650watts out
 put can be expected. The SB-201 is the post 10 metercapabilityban version of
the same amplifier.SB-220 uses a pair of 3-500Z triodes and will put out about
1200watts.DE N6KB_______________________________________________TenTec mailing
 mailing
listTenTec@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec