Re: [TenTec] circuit breaker info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] circuit breaker info
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:36:04 -0500
Mike,

Someone else has given you info on the AirPax magnetic breakers which is
what TT used to sell.  However, depending on your radio, it may have
protection built in.

I have an Omni VI that I run from a 35 Amp Astron supply. Outboard, I use an
LDG AT-11MP automatic antenna tuner.  Sometimes, as it's seeking for a
match, the tuner will try a combination that results briefly in a high SWR.
If I forget to reduce the Omni VI power output before doing the tune, this
high SWR has caused the Omni VI to trip out on high current.  I used to have
the recommended Airpax breaker inline and it never tripped, it was always
the overcurrent protection in the rig.

OTOH, my Pegasus does not have such internal protect, and I use the Airpax
on it.

73,
Mark