[TenTec] Corsair II to Collins 30L-1 amp -- any issues?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II to Collins 30L-1 amp -- any issues?
From: "N4EKV" <adam@n4ekv.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:08:36 -0800
I'm firing up my first amp and am a little unsure on wiring.

In an all-Collins setup the 30L-1 has a second cable from the transmitter to
the amp, presumably to control keying.  Is this required with the Corsair
II?  If yes, which jack on the Corsair II drives the amp?  I'm also
windering if these two are incompatible and if one of those outboard amp
keying devices is required to prevent damage to the rig.  Finally, should I
limit QSK to the rig's slow setting since the 30L-1 does not support full
QSK?

73,

Adam N.
N4EKV