[TenTec] Lock the 2.4 KHz Roofing Filter?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Lock the 2.4 KHz Roofing Filter?
From: "Bernard" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:10:12 -0600
    I have read the Orion manual a couple of times waiting for the arrival of
my new rig and I have a question about the roofing filters.  I mainly operate
SSB and rarely get on CW.  Since the 2.4 KHz roofing filter is not engaged
until the bandwidth is less than 2.0 KHz, would I be better to just lock in the
2.4 filter and forget about the automatic feature?  I would think that on a
crowed band or working DX on a 5 KHz split that the 6 KHz roofing would be a
little too wide.  And, I really don't like listening to SSB with less than a
2.0 KHz bandwidth.

    The answer may be obvious after I get to "play" with the rig.

    Comments would be appreciated.

        73

        Bernard, WA4OEJ