[TenTec] Orion side tone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion side tone
From: "Paul Darwactor" <phd73@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:54:32 -0800
Since the day I purchased my Orion, back in November, it has provided what
I once saw described here as "fuzzy side tone" in my Heil Proset headsets.
Side tone from the speaker has been perfect while that coming through the
headsets might be described as a tone modulated by white noise. Headsets
are  not at fault since
they perform normally on another Orion here in the vicinity. Have tried an
adaptor provided by TT, master reset, etc. etc. to no avail. Am wondering
if anyone else has experienced this problem and what fix, if any,has been
found ? Any input will be much appreciated.
Best 73 de Paul W8ZD................
--- Paul Darwactor
--- phd73@mindspring.com