Re: [TenTec] Orion & SSB QRM question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion & SSB QRM question
From: nq5t@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:31:29 +0000
Another approach that I think would also be useful, would be a way to simply
assign an optional default function to MULTI.  If nothing else were
specifically selected, then MULTI would revert to the assigned default rather
than be non-functional.  That could be used to get THRESHOLD out to a front
panel control that's always available.

I also like the idea that has been suggested to put AGC settings in the SCOPE
space on the screen when SCOPE is turned off.  Combined with reading the
parameters set by a default on MULTI, it could be very useful.

There may be a few other controls that it would be handy to have available
without menu navigation.  DSP taps comes to mind, or even possibly MODE and
STEP.  Probably others, such as some settings for the alternate VFO/RX.
Haven't thought it through very far.

Nice thing about a software defined control platform is that there's lots of
room to dream up more stuff.  Getting it, of course, is another question
entirely :-)

Grant/NQ5T