Re: [TenTec] Orion: STEP control

To: Grant Youngman <nq5t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion: STEP control
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:57:35 -0500
Grant Youngman wrote:

> for everyone.  As in the example from the previous post,  I find the
> "common" tuning rate of 10-25Khz per revolution for SSB far too fast for
> my taste at any step size.

Well, when confronted with 100 turns per scan of 20 m SSB band,
I quickly recognised the value of reducing that number to only 40,
even if that must be payed by using 25 Hz resolution instead of
more pleasing 10 Hz.

Of course I didn't want to force anybody to accept my reasoning,
just wanted a choice that could give hope for my index to survive
a typical contest S&P activity :-)

I'd still say that by offering a better set of steps Orion
could be made to serve more user better, with MULTI button
standardizing the interface, all at a reasonable price.

73,

Sinisa YT1NT, VA3TTN