Re: [TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver;filters and performance

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver;filters and performance
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:21:15 -0500
Jim Reid wrote:

> I never had enough noise to achieve the 2 S unit or so noise deltas with
> the antenna connected or terminating the Orion in my
> Bird dummy load!  Just too quiet out here,  or........ am
> I still doing something incorrectly?

Lucky one, you can use the full sensitivity there,
and could even use more of it, it it was available.
Which reminds me of Yuri's advice to preserve enough
sensitivity for such locations.

> Doing that wiped out everything I
> had set up for the stacking registers in every band,
> and all the stuff that stays the same when changing
> bands,  etc.  Just all was gone!

Well, given that you pressed it, you shouln't have released it too soon :-)

Buttons would be very useful if only the recall was instant.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN