Re: [TenTec] tighter filter for Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tighter filter for Jupiter
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:17:38 -0500
Carl,

Did you ever have any problems with RF getting into the 599zx?  I don't
think I have a problem with RF in the shack, but whenever I connected my
599zx with my Omni VI (opt 3) it would act like it was getting RF, i.e.
muffled audio in the speaker during TX. Remove the 599zx and the muffled
audio went away. I tried ferrite beads on the audio leads. They reduced, but
did not eliminate the problem. I also tried grounding one of the case screws
of the 599zx to the Omni and that didn't help.  The 599zx is being powered
through a RigRunner power strip with the same 12 v supply that drives the
Omni.

Mark