Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion

To: "Chris" <christopher_an@sympatico.ca>, <tentec@contesting.com>,<larrylg1@roamer.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:34:29 -0700
Chris,

For 20 years when I lived in Columbus, Ohio, I used a 67 foot, center fed
"hertz" with open-wire feed line and a tuner.  The feed line was long enough
to reach from the center of the antenna to my shack in the basement.  The
antenna was supported from the peak of my roof on one end and from a 30 foot
tall, Radio Shack telescoping pole, the bottom of which I planted into a
steel fence post at the rear of my yard.  The antenna worked well on all
bands from 80 through 10 meters.

Now that I am living in rural New Mexico, I use a 268 foot version of the
same antenna, and it works well on all bands from 160 through 10.

Jim, W8KGI