[TenTec] Orion Aux I/O socket

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Aux I/O socket
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:21:25 -0600
My new Orion will arrive this week and I have downloaded the manual. I had been using SignaLink SL-1+ with the Jupiter. I notice that the AUX socket on the Jupiter is 5 pin and the Orion is an 8 pin. I am wondering if I can just plug the 5 pin into the Orion 8 pin socket?

The pin out is as follows:

5- pin: 8-pin:

1- audio in                     1- audio in
2- ground                       2- ground
3- PTT                          3- PTT
4- audio out                    4- left AUX out ***
5- spare                                5- spare
                                6- right AUX out
                                7- FSK
                                8- NC

I will not be using FSK any time soon. Can I use the "4- left AUX out for PSK 31 to the computer?? (BTW what is the difference between 4 and 6 above??)

Thanks,

Dick, N5XRD