Re: [TenTec] AM operation (Jupiter 538)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AM operation (Jupiter 538)
From: jsb@digistar.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:02:50 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, W1GOR wrote:

> The following information was copied from the RF Squared web site...
>
> This procedure does work..!

I've seen these before - to me it looks like I have to change AM-DRIVE to
25 watts or less and adjust the mic gain so that the ALC light only comes
on during voice peaks.

But what I do not understand is what the AM-AUTO-SET feature does since
i've already adjusted the mic gain and carrier level.

I pressed the TUNE button and let the rig sit there for a whole 60 seconds
waiting for something to change on the rig and nothing happened,
regardless of where the mic and drive gain settings were.

Anyone at Ten-Tec care to clarify?

thanks,
Jason