[TenTec] Help Re-stringing at 238 Tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Help Re-stringing at 238 Tuner
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:53:02 -0500
During the ARRL DX conetst, my 238 tuner showed signed of a non-elastic
dial cord.

Whe I cranked the cord all the way to the right (end), the pointer went
to the end stop and then came back to the left.

So I decided to take the plunge and replace the elastic with a spring,
which I had gotten from <forgot his callsign> here on the reflector).

Well, installation has been a nightmare.  I can't seem to get it right.
The tension seems okay when I put the front panel back, but after a few
cranks around the dial, the same symptoms show up -- coming back left
after going all the way to the right, not going fully to the left again,
etc.

Can anyone help with step-by-step directions an/or pictures (which would
be great!)

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC