Re: [TenTec] Value of Jupiter Pod or PC Options?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of Jupiter Pod or PC Options?
From: Nick Yokanovich <k3ny@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:10:50 -0500
I think the pod is a mandatory accessory, and becomes even more useful when used in conjunction with N4PY's control program, which makes possible reprogramming of all buttons.
I run my Jupiter with an HP Omnibook, which is much bigger than a PDA but considerably smaller than an average laptop. It is running Win95 and works well for everything except updating the firmware with recent 32-bit issues.

Nick K3NY
Arnold, MD

edoc wrote:

Is the Pod a really valuable option on just a nice-to-have?

Has anyone used a Palm, a handheld, or other small laptop-type
device instead of a full sized desktop or laptop with good
success?