Re: [TenTec] Value of Jupiter Pod or PC Options?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of Jupiter Pod or PC Options?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:43:52 -0600

> > Is the Pod a really valuable option on just a nice-to-have?

I use one on an Orion, but the Pod is the Pod.

I find it to be an extremely useful accessory.  My Orion sits on a
shelf above the desk.  The Pod is on the desk right next to the key,
and is what I use for routing tuning.  Saves strain on the shoulder :-)

I have the N4PY software, and use it occasionally, mostly from a
computer in another room (my office).  But in front of the radio I'm
more of a grab the knob rather than a grab the mouse guy when it
comes to radio control.  The N4PY software does allow many more
functions that T-T supplies for the function buttons, etc.

In any case, I like the Pod.

Grant/NQ5T