Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. RX-340 TT Rcvrs.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion vs. RX-340 TT Rcvrs.
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:30:33 -1000

> The Orion receiver you are comparing the 340 to is
> the "primary"  receiver, not the "sub" receiver?

That is correct,  to the Orion MAIN rcvr.  My reference
to the Orion sub rcvr was to the fact that with Carl's
software,  one "ignores" the sub rcvr within the Orion,
and the RX-340 is used instead.  To do this, the antenna
input for the 340 is taken from the subrcvr antenna
terminal internal to the Orion using that extra "spare"
output connector on the back of the Orion.  Both Orion
and 340 are controlled via the software with the RCV
input of each muted/blocked when the Orion enters TX
operation.

This is done using Carl's so named,  "Smart VFO"
control of his Orion control software.

73,  Jim  KH7M