[TenTec] wanting to upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] wanting to upgrade
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:36:07 -0500
I have a Jupiter and love it , however I have been thinking about upgrading to
a Orion or a icom pro II .  I like some of the features on the Icom and the
lower price and I like the Orion  but the price and some of the negative things
on the list have me waiting awhile for a more mature radio .  I spent some time
listing to some one today on 17 meters who has a Icom pro II and all I heard
him say was how the audio on the RX was raspy just like the icom 746 .  Now I
traded my Icom  746 for the Jupiter for one of those reasons I like to listen
to good audio and the 746 just couldn't pass muster no matter what I did .  I
am very happy with the trade, my Jupiter has  much better audio compared to the
746.  So round and round I go again thinking that Orion is really the answer .
guess I have to wait a little longer to afford the Orion .  Just wanted to add
my thoughts for anyone who might be on the fence as I about buying a Orion.
thanks    John   kb2huk