[TenTec] Transmitter, Receiver, or Rig, wherefore art thou "Radio"?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Transmitter, Receiver, or Rig, wherefore art thou "Radio"?
From: Allan Henry Kaplan <w1ael@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:04:42 -0500
Rick wrote, "Gentlemen, these are the important things which have changed and the issues we need to start spending our brain cycles on!"

This fifty-year ham agrees with Rick, but I will contribute my recollection that the use of "radio" for "rig" or other time-hallowed ham radio term was common among professional radio engineers and technicians in both commercial and government/military contractor circles over thirty years ago. I thought it was a little quaint at the time, but it has not caused me to lose any sleep!

There are more important issues.....
73 de W1AEL, Allan in Sevierville, Tennessee
50 years licensed, and loving it!