[TenTec] The Paragon - Your opinion please

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] The Paragon - Your opinion please
From: G4PUQ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:47:17 EST
Hello from across the pond,

       I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts and views on the Ten Tec Paragon.
I have read a lot of praise for the Corsair II and the Omni VI in recent
years but the Paragon does not seem to bask in the same glory. The mainstay
here
in my shack is a Corsair II and as a keen CW Op it has landed lots of good DX.

       I am beginning to wonder if I have overlooked a Ten Tec classic.
Please enlighten me; what are the strengths and weaknesses of the Paragon? I
appreciate that it is never easy to compare radios based on specifications but
how
does it stack up against the Corsair II.

       Finally, I watched a good clean Paragon sell for $599 on e-bay
recently, is that a good price.

       Thanks for your info

       73 de Peter G4PUQ

       G4PUQ runs a Century 22, Argosy II, Delta 580 +VFO, Omni D + VFO,
Scout  on all bands and Corsair II + VFO.......I also have a Drake TR7 burning
hole in the ionosphere, perhaps 3B9C will hear my call before the end of the
trip :-)