RE: [TenTec] 450 OHM LADDER LINE FEED THROUGH FOR LOW POWEROPERATION.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] 450 OHM LADDER LINE FEED THROUGH FOR LOW POWEROPERATION.
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:09:20 -0700
Pete's warning is valid.  I've charcoled wood with my 450 ohm, though I was
running 100w.  Lesson learned.  Always use plexiglass of plastic (or your HV
feedthrough idea).  If you still want to use wood for the whole pain, then
cut out a square 3" by 3" and cover it with a 4" by 4" piece of plexiglass.

Another novel idea which does work (providing your window has just a single
layer of glass) is to use a capacitive feed through the closed window.  I
ran this when I was a kid in Oklahoma.  I cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil,
each 1 sq. ft. and pasted 2 of them to each side of the window, creating 2
big capacitors.  I then carefully attached the feedline to the alu-plates on
each side of the window and it worked just as well (subjectively) as when
feeding directly through the open window to the matchbox.  The only problem
I had was that the aluminum foil occasionally ripped and had to be replaced.

73
Rick