Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:18:07 -0500
Looks like the thread I started has mutated significantly!  Yuri, I'm not
sure if I agree with you on this.  I've had ICOMs and Kenwoods which were
worse than this radio (they would block or go limp with only 100w RF
output around them).  The problem I noted on mine appears to only be
related to the mic input (both ICOM and Kenwood had this as well - the
Kenwood was especially bad), and only when running a KW with my transmit
antenna directly overhead.  I have not wired my connector as suggested,
and plan to check that this evening.  So, if design is an issue (and it
might be a contributor), then competitor's designs seem to fare worse, in
my experience.

        73, Duane
(PTT for CW is for pansies!  Long live QSK!   :-)

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas