Re: [TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:15:19 EDT
Question really is:  "Does a double paddle have to be used in iambic mode?"
No.

I use a double paddle but not in iambic mode.  I cannot master the squeeze
technique either.  I had used a bug so I was accustomed to the back and forth
motion and automatic dots.  You just push one lever at a time.  It didn't take
long to get the hang of sending dashes with the keyer.

Use your 407B and trade up to one of the super-paddles when you get the urge:
March, Begali, Profi.  Join FISTS www.fists.org

My Orion (and Yaesu) will not allow me to use the internal keyer and an
outboard keyer at the same time.  The outboard keyer sends actual dots and
dashes
to the internal keyer instead of "left and rights" so the internal keyer
outputs garbage.  So, you must turn off the internal keyer.  This would be an
issue
if you are using a computer to generate CW during a contest and want to also
plug in paddles so you can send something other than the preprogrammed
exchanges.  You need to put the paddles on their own keyer.  The pico-keyer is
minimalist kit that will do the job for under $20.

Radio k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA