RE: [TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?
From: "Jerry Schantz" <jschantz@franklinisp.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 20:36:42 -0500
Think you will find a diode at the power input, intended to short the supply
if reversed.
My Scout schematic shows one and I almost certain my 536 has same. Reverse
polarity should take the fuse almost instantly.
I did the same trick on another brand a few months ago. Fried the diode
instead of the fuse, and after replacing the diode all was well. You may
want to check  your schematic and see what they do on yours.
And remember, we're not fools or idiots, just human, and most humans I know
have made a mistake once in a while.
Good luck de W9JJS

---