[TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?
From: doc <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 18:28:54 -0400
In the process of momentarily relocating my Jupiter
to another room with a Windows PC (to load the updated
OS) I think I may have applied reverse voltage to the
power connector ... Arghhh!

I was using a battery wired to connectors long ago, not
sure if I miswired it or someone helping me, but the
first set of cables were miswired and I missed the
"-" on the digital voltmeter display in my rush.

I read in the TenTec manual that the connector is
physically keyed for the correct polarity but I fear
that TenTec may have inexplicably failed to provide
electronic reverse polarity protection.

Symptoms are no response when the power switch is
activated (the fuse is fine).

Time to pack it and ship it to TenTec? ;-(

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida