[TenTec] Re: Missionary Radio Activity [Was: 555]

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Missionary Radio Activity [Was: 555]
From: doc <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:23:31 -0400
Bert Braun, DD5XL wrote:
Jesusfreakbigp55@aol.com schrieb:

I am looking for up to 6 555's for a missionary friend of mine in Honduras. Does anyone have a good unit for sale or donation? Dennis

As long as some missionary nets in Africa and South America use the amateur bands illegally for their chats, reviling hams on the same or nearby QRGs, no ham will really give them a radio for free or even low price.

73 de Bert

English speaking missionaries are using Ham gear on Ham bands without Ham licenses?

Can you document who it is and with whom they are affiliated?
It should be a simple matter to stop that quickly -- such would
be a gross violation of Biblical ethics.

I have checked into many Ham nets that were oriented toward the
support of missionaries and have never heard a single QSO
that did not involve properly licensed Hams who ID'ed as
required.

I have also served as a relay or merely ragchewed with a number
of missionaries on the Ham bands and again every one was
duly licensed and careful to obey the laws of the nation in
which they served.

Please qualify your assertion with facts and I assure you
that I will personally contact their sponsoring organizations
to insist that any such offenses be terminated immediately.

It is an offense to every Christian whenever any Christian
failed to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" (obey the
law), "and unto God that which is God's" (honor God though
honorable conduct).

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida