[TenTec] "random" Orion bugs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "random" Orion bugs
From: "William H. Hein" <Bill@AA6TT.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 14:35:21 -0400
N4LQ posted:  "Yesterday I was almost finished with a qso and everything
went nuts. I had to 'reboot' and I was not in the split mode either. This
morning I lost receive audio a couple of times but it suddenly returned. I
went ahead an did a full reset just to flush out any bugs."

I am running v1.369 and have been bothered by the following bugs:

(1)  Sub RX audio has buzzsaw noise but no signals

(2)  VFO A will not tune Main RX but does receives signals OK (if it happens
to be tuned to a frequency with a signal)--turning the VFO knob does not
change the RX frequency although the frequency readout does change.

In both cases, cycling the rig's power cures the fault (temporarily).

I cannot ascertain any particular rig state that triggers these faults.  I
do, however, tend to use the band scope.

73,
Bill NT1Y