Re: [TenTec] "random" Orion bugs

To: <Bill@AA6TT.contesting.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "random" Orion bugs
From: "Steve Ellington" <N4LQ@igLou.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:28:47 -0000
Yep. One time I had the headphones on, pushed the PWR button to adjust power
output and this horrible, loud, mucho DB racket made me rip off my
headphones. My ears were ringing! Turning the rig off and one got it calmed
down.
The NR is tremendous. It's 100 times better than the PRO2's NR. However,
last night it quit working for no obvious reason. I "rebooted" and it
started working "sorta" but weakly. I had about given up until just a couple
of hours ago. I was surfing through the menu and turned on the "hardware nb"
feature. Suddenly the NR came back full force and it's back to it's amazing
self now. I turned off the hardare nb, no change, Turned it back on, no
change. weird..Did Microsoft help design this?
Steve
N4LQ