Re: [TenTec] New $10K Yaesu HF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New $10K Yaesu HF
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 09:06:28 -0500
    Bill:

        After I gain a little more experience using the Orion, I may look
into that software package.  However, I would really prefer to have a self
contained package and not have to use another computer.

        TenTec gave a presentation at the Huntsville Hamfest last year and
someone asked the question about why they didn't design the Orion with a
color display.  The answer was that it simply was a cost issue.  I believe
they said (can't remember who gave the presentation) that it would add
another $500-$600 to the cost and they felt that would be too much.  Well,
with Icom and Yaesu coming out with $10K rigs, I guess about $4000 wouldn't
be too much for an Orion with a color display.

            73,

            Bernard, WA4OEJ