[TenTec] Practicing with the Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Practicing with the Orion
From: "Don" <kd6hq@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:56:57 -0700
After reading through the manual today and paying particular attention to "Weak
Signal DX Reception, Contest Operation and the Orion" section it occurred to me
that I don't know what a 3db above the noise signal threshold sounds like.  I
know what I consider to be a weak signal but if you want to sit down and just
practice using the filter settings it would be nice to have a reliable signal
to use.  So my question is does anyone know of a (relatively) inexpensive
signal generator (schematic) so that I could purchase/build one?  OR perhaps
someone knows of another way to do this?

Thanks

Don kd6hq