Re: [TenTec] Practicing with the Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Practicing with the Orion
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:41:21 -0500
Steve's comments are very good.  I'd suggest adding an in-line stepped
attenuator to have better control over just where the threshold of detection
will exist.  Also, some type of analog meter on the audio output to
accurately see where the signal level reached the 3 dB mark or whatever
value one wishes to determine.  Ears just won't do it at this petite level.

In the FM world of communications we call the measurement SINAD.  (Signal in
Noise and Distortion)

73
Bob, K4TAX