[TenTec] Omni VI+ upgrade at Dayton

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ upgrade at Dayton
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 07:18:30 -0400
K8DIT wrote:
>Well, the first day of Hamvention '04 is in the can. Now, will someone
reveal the nature of this promised upgrade, and who is behind it?

        Patience.  I don't believe it is ready yet, but there is a
very strong hint below.  In my opinion this was one of the most
significant announcements at Dayton and it should have a very
strong  impact on sales of newer radios, at least for those of us
interested in actual receiver performance.

73, Bill W4ZV

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/1000mp/2004-May/015577.html

At 11:24 PM 5/15/2004, you wrote: >I rather doubt there will be a decrease in value: > >Also at Dayton, INRAD have introduced a narrow roofing filter >for the FT-1000MP, MKV & Field. Filter is 4 KHz wide and >provides the following IMD specs: > > Signal spacing Dynamic Range > 10 KHz 107 dB > 5 KHz 100.5 dB > 3 KHz 97.5 dB > >This compares to IMD numbers previously in the 75-80 dB range >for signal spacing less than ca. 20 KHz. > >$165 list price for the roofing filter ... I suspect many may >opt for it rather than spend $13K for a FTdx-9000! >

Darned right -- if it is as good as advertised, I'll be one of the first in
the queue.  George W2VJN has spent at least 2 years looking for the right
filter to do this job at 70 MHz -- I talked with him last year about it,
and he was sorta pessimistic.  Well done, Inrad!

73, Pete N4ZR