[TenTec] Firmware Update Process

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Firmware Update Process
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:34:29 -0400
        This is just a suggestion for any who may be having
problems with the firmware updates.  I discovered long ago
to do a Master Reset after each update, even if not required
by the instructions.  I follow the following procedure:

1.  With your previous version, store your favorite settings
in USER 1 (remember to hold it a few seconds).

2.  Load the new update.  BTW, I use Process > Stop on errors
and Update Radio (not Verify Program).

3.  Power off and now hold Main RX/TX button as you power on.
I normally answer No to both Reset questions if I am not having
a known problem, but answer Yes if I am.

4.  Briefly touch USER 1 to recall your settings.  You may still
need to scroll through the Menu since a few settings seem to
always be forgotten (Other > Contrast comes to mind).

        After several updates, the process will become more
familiar, but hopefully the above will help you avoid some of
the glitches that have happened to all of us at one time or
another.

73, Bill W4ZV