Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:58:48 +0000
QSK gone away? Not on my Orion. I can hear another station between dits at what
the MFJ 493 keyer says is 60 - and with what the internal keyer says is 60. So
I certainly have QSK - at speeds higher than I ever want to run.  When it comes
to CW I prefer city speed limits  to interstate speed limits! I will leave the
autobahn speeds to the young guys.

If it helps, the sidetone is turned down to 9 so it does not swamp the other
station, QSK delay is 0, weighting at 100%,  and rise time is 3 ms. CW jack PTT
is on and PTT in CW is as key.  QSK delay or a slow rise time could keep the
receiver from turning on between dits, or there could be some garbage left over
in a memory position that does not need to be there.

I did do a master reset after the latest download. A couple of downloads back
down the road I had to do a "hold the lock down" complete memory cleanout but
not this time.  And not at all unless some glitch that has not revealed itself
so far appears.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E