Re: [TenTec] vertical radials

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] vertical radials
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:36:32 -0400
Feed them directly, and hang 'em up in the trees as a dipole. Just before
they became MFJ, I was speaking with a tech rep from HyGain. There was an
option for the tower...I think it was a coil and some wire, to make it play
on 160. But I was told it was not worth the effort.  I have a HyTower that
someone gave me. It is still sitting in the bushes in the back yard. One of
these days I will refit it with new hardware, wirebrush it, silver paint it
and plant it.  I don't think I will set it up for 160. I have a woods that
starts in my backyard, so I think my best bet is a giant loop. I will attach
the feedline near my house, then run the wire WAY into the woods, and back
again to the feedline.  Gotta find a free weekend though!!
....Dave