Re: [TenTec] Tranceiving accurately

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tranceiving accurately
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
One method would be to listen to the fundemaental
frequency of the transverter's LO xtal with the RX
feeding an audio program like Spectran. Then note the
precise audio frequency trace of the LO carrier. Then
put the transverter into TX, if its crystal is indeed
sifting 30Hz you will easily see it. If you need to
actually transmit a signal to test this then a second
dedicated RX will needed to do this test.

If this is a DEMI transverter (and depening on its
age) there may be some relatively simple mods that can
be done to improve its stability.

Duane
N9DG

--- Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>