Re: [TenTec] Radials

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radials
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:23:49 -1000

If I could double my signal, as inexpensively as burying 60 extra pieces of
the old wire I have laying around, I would most certainly do it in a
heartbeat.

If you've got the money and are willing to spend it paying a laborer to bury that wire, then it may be "in a heartbeat". Otherwise, even with the aid of power tools, it will be very many heartbeats and a lot of sweat. And that, along with the cost of the wire, is why people want to know is 30 quarter wavelenth radials better than 60 eighth wavelength ones (or some other comparison of equal materials and digging)

DE N6KB