Re: [TenTec] It just depends...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It just depends...
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@serv.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:32:29 -0700
Nice post Richard. You've described the Ten Tec mystique very nicely. While
difficult to quantify, trying to nail down why I prefer Ten Tec is as
follows; looking at the field of available radios and having operated/owned
a number of the imported brands, there is a commmon thread in the imported
brands that I'll call pedestrian. They're easy to operate, reliable,
featureful and good looking. They effectively remove the attractive mystery
of the radio art. They are predictably rich in tactile response, without
being superlative in anything but SSB audio and the number of features
available.

Ten Tec design and performance draws from design ideology less manipulated
by committees of engineers and delivers more of a rough hewn adventurful
radio experience. Leaving some of the action to the skill of the op while
delivering its goods. Those who use Ten Tec gear just get more excitement
and adventure for their effort.  The CW, QSK and reciever perfomance all
have a quality not duplicated elsewhere, therefore worthy of my admiration.

I use an Omni VI(opt1)+, Jupiter, Scout(mobile), Omni D, Centurion, 1208
Xvrtr.