Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion Operation and Functionality

To: tentec@contesting.com, ditsnbits@tentec.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion Operation and Functionality
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:47:40 -0400

From:
"Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:47:11 -0000

To:
<tentec@contesting.com>

Which serial commands do not work?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC

I haven't done an exhaustive check on 1.371, but my "favorite" command tests are

*TT0 - Tuner off
*TT1 - Tuner on
*TTT - Initiate tuner cycle

In 1.369, if you used these in some ways, you would hang the front panel and make interesting patterns on the LCD. I reported the issue to ditsnbits. In 1.371, the situation is improved some. I don't see any hangups. The tuner gets enabled/disabled, but *TTT does not initiate a cycle. There are still significant troubles with the front panel after using these commands. The "tuned" indicator does not come on even after I cycle the tuner manually. If I go to "menus", I see that the LCD buffer is corrupted. I need to cycle power to get things back to normal.

[The LCD buffer corruption is somewhat random. I don't always see it, but the tuner never cycles under software control, and the "tuned" indicator never comes back, except by changing bands or power reset. Yes, I tried master resets.]

It would be useful to go through the command list and verify the performance of each command (along with timing info), but it would take some work. You might think TT would take care of that. ;-)

-Martin, AA6E