[TenTec] Orion Popping

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Popping
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:30:41 -0400
My Orion has developed a rather loud clicking or popping noise when it unkeys
in either PTT or VOX.  I also notice that when it unkeys that there is a spike
in output power as indicated on the outboard peak reading wattmeter. I never
noticed it until
updating to 1370. I am using version 1371 now. I can turn on the NB and the
popping is subdued, but the wattmeter still spikes as it unkeys. The popping is
not unlike an appliance electrical pop or click when turned on or off.  Is
anyone else on the list experiencing this anomaly or have you experienced it in
the past?  Thanks!  Toby W4CAK