[TenTec] Orion - Week 3

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion - Week 3
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:21:12 EDT
Hello All,

Have owned the Orion for 3 weeks now.

The more I look at the Orion and use all the variable controls, the more I
think to myself what an accomplishment by management and the R&D Team at TT.

As I have mentioned on this list in the past, I am not a TT loyalist, I am a
loyalist to any manufacturer that produces a product with enough foresight to
see into the future, and TT is the only manufacturer with enough guts to go
for it.

When my IC-756Proll (little over 1 year old) was damaged last month by a near
lightning
strike, I had to make a decision.......do I buy another Proll (only used it
5% of the time anyway....liked the Jupiter better), TS-870S or a
MarkV......this was a hard decision, they are all good rigs. I wanted all
three, but the
fact remains......I probably would end up only using them 5% of the time.

When you sit down and really give your next radio purchase a lot of thought,
it probably goes something like this:

1. Lets see, boy I sure do like the display on the Proll, yeah, but I dont
like some of the
   other features.
2. Man that 870 is a great sounding rig, yeah, but the receivers a little
noisy.
3. Now the MarkV, 200watts output, wont need an amp any more, yeah, but I just
   dont like the menu system.

The point is this, there aint no perfect rig for me and never will be. So,
forget it.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of when Bill Gates first introduced
Windozes, man look at the heat he took......and is still taking. He started
with an
idea and sold it.......took a lot of guts and he didnt give up.

So whether we like it or not communications technology has taken a giant leap
forward with the introduction of the TT Orion, its here to stay and it aint
go'in away.

If K/Y/IC want to continue using DOS thats fine. As for me, I'm going for a
ride into the future with the TT operating system.

Oh yeah, My Orion's working great and I'm looking forward to future updates.
What a great idea!

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/
http://cebik.com/nokhq/html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/