Re: [TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:36:45 -0500
If the Orion uses balanced input, then why do they label pins 1 and 2 as
Mic (1) and gnd (2)?  And the PTT switch uses PTT (3) and gnd (2).  It
appears to be an unbalanced input, and handling of the "gnd" connection
is what we've been discussing.  I'm saying all of this without having
looked at the schematics, just the pinout of the mic connector in the
manual and the accompanying diagrams.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas