Re: [TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:41:33 -0400
Sorry Richy. As much as I am upset with the ARRL, in particular K1ZZ, I
think your dead wrong. I used to think the very same thing about their
equipment reviews verses who advertises with  them the most. But Ed Hare,
W1RFI came on here and set  the record straight. If you think their lab test
are tainted, go to the web site and actually read the equipment they have in
the lab, the way and frequency in which it's calibrated and the test methods
they use. The Lab is excellent. One of the things that proves their lab is
pretty darned good is the fact that their test results are pretty
consistantly repeated by Sherwood, W8JI, InRad, and others that have
substantial test facilities. Their published lab results are substantiated
by other professional test labs.

I'm a life member of the ARRL but I stopped supporting it when K1ZZ got on
his kick of removing CW and changing amateur radio into what used to be CB
radio. That's where they think their dollars are coming from..

Tom  - W4BQF