Re: [TenTec] Elmer Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elmer Question
From: "Tom Jednacz" <tjednacz@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:13:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

 I was using my Orion over the weekend here in Florida - the lightning
capital of the world. By using fast Noise Reduction (9 setting) and "slow
agc" with no hang time, I was able to greatly reduce the QRN. Was able to
copy Europe on 75/80 well enough to hold a short QSO. I also have an Omni
VI+ and the Orion is MUCH better in QRN conditions.

Tom, W7QF