Re: [TenTec] Elmer Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elmer Question
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:30:14 +0000
Hi John:  We have had essentially three months of thunderstorms, including a 48
hour thunderstorm over FD weekend. The Orion's DSP and variable AGC, along with
it's almost totally crunch proof front end, provides much superior performance
during periods of severe QRN compared to my Omni VI+'s. In fact, if the
lightning is more than a few miles off I can usually leave the DSP off since
there's very little of the filter ringing that turns a pop into a prolonged
crash.
73  Pete Allen  AC5E