Re: [TenTec] Orion NB button

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NB button
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:19:03 +0000
Yes, I use the NB pretty often. In my present neighborhood I get the dear lady
across the street's sewing machine, the alderman's wife's mixer, the seven
motorcycle tuner's on the other side of the block's ignition noise, and a whole
bunch of other repetitive impulse type noise. And there's no telling when it's
going to fire up.
I can't say the NB takes it all out but it does at least make it possible to
continue to operate through the mess. Now, an atmospheric noise remover is
another matter since that's essentially random. A noise canceller will take out
 QRN but implementation gets dicey.
 A BPL remover? I suspect the best solution to that is to keep on the power
company's duster about interference - your congresspersons duster about skywave
interference - and to operate HF mobile up around 14.330  in the BPL test areas
as often as possible. Preferably along about the time you figure the XXX rated
fanatics are downloading their latest batch of feelthy peektures.
73  Pete Allen AC5E
Never squat with your spurs on