Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:51:49 -1000

The Omni VI+ relay (not the external amp one) is plenty audible.

Okay, I tried real hard, and yes I can hear the little reed relay in my Omni. I have to turn the receive audio down to zero, and then the sidetone sound almost completely covers the reed relay sound. It makes me wonder, what kind of a table is your radio sitting on? Some kind of sounding board? Also, when I operate CW, I almost always wear headphones. Even the kind that don't block outside sound from my ears, with a little receiver noise on them will totally obscure the tiny tick of that reed relay. I'm really dissappointed to hear that my Omni VI is not a QSK rig. It sure is a well done illusion of QSK.

DE N6KB