Re: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?
From: <nz7c@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:35:25 -0400
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: 2004/07/19 Mon AM 10:10:18 EDT
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?

Well, years ago, I was shopping to replace my lowly FT757GX.
I wanted to check out the OMNI V, but couldn't. (mail guarantee thing that I
did not want to bother with).
So, I picked up a Kenwood 850S. I had it 'till a few years ago when I got a
1000D.
Several months ago, I got an OMNI VI+....still always wanted one!
It is a nice rig...a keeper because of the easy knob placement, large
display, attactive and pretty good QSK.
But, if I had to do it all over again...I'd go back in time and get the 850s
again...its just a better rig!
And, the 1000D is miles above either one of them.
Specs may show my error, but in the time spent in front of them...tuning and
operating...that is my finding.
....Dave