Re: [TenTec] Stupid Tech Question On Hookup Of Station

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Stupid Tech Question On Hookup Of Station
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:39:42 -0400
At 09:40 PM 07/23/2004, OTAKEBI@aol.com wrote:
I have my monitor scope and freq. counter hooked up after my Antenna Tuner.
Should they remain like that or should they be placed before the tuner and
make the antenna tuner the last thing before the antenna?
Does it make a difference?

Yes, it will make a difference depending on the SWR after the tuner. There will be a 1/1 SWR ratio before the tuner, probably, and therefore the RF voltage appearing at the monitor scope will be more constant thereby reducing the requirement to adjust monitor scope gain after each freq change.

Normal (and safest) location is before the tuner.

Perry w8au